Monday, April 30, 2007

Factoids

Some facts about this world of ours that Kia's dad sent...

More than half of the coastline of the entire United
States is in Alaska.

Canada has more lakes than the rest of the world
combined - take that, Minnesota!

Next to Warsaw, Chicago has the largest Polish
population in the world.

Los Angeles's full name is El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora
la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula - I guess "I love LA" is easier to say than "I love El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora
la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula"

Spain literally means 'the land of rabbits.' - that one goes out to Kate, who is currently, as we speak, fully immersed in the land of rabbits.

The Eisenhower interstate system (in the U.S.) requires that
one-mile in every five must be straight. These
straight sections are usable as airstrips in
emergencies - I think I knew that one, actually. I'm not sure how.

2 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, one coffee tree yields one pound of coffee per year.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger kate said...

oh THAT'S why there's all these rabbits in my bed every night. and plastered all over the street.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home