Friday, October 07, 2005

It's been quite a ride.

It's funny, now that I think about it, I haven't felt like this for two years. Game 7, Aaron Boone.

Since then, it's been magical, a roller coaster ride, and one that you knew would always turn out ok. It's been an incredible three-year stretch, if you think about it. 5 outs from the World Series in 2003. THE YEAR in 2004. Then a nailbiter to get into the playoffs this year. But it ended a little sooner than we thought it would.

I didn't feel the magic this time. Lightning doesn't strike twice. Too many mistakes, not enough firepower. They were outplayed. I'll hand it to Chicago, the better team won.

Shortly after it ended, Kia started singing "Obla Di, Obla Da, Life Goes On". Whether that was on purpose or simply coincidental, I'll never know.

Thanks, boys. Hell of a season.

2 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

or you could just ask her...
who is this richpoo guy your friends with?

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger ABJ said...

I have no idea who that is. It's blog spam, the newest thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home