Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Update, son!

I think it's been a while since I last posted. I know this because Pete had this to say:

"your updates are mad infrequent, son!"

He's taken to using the word "son" at the end of nearly every sentence. It means he's better than me.

But it did spur me on to think that I haven't posted. Sure enough, I haven't. I guess I've been mad busy with school, son. I'm in the middle of writing a grant, which if I got it would give me funding for the next two years while I'm working on my dissertation, so I wouldn't have to be a TA or in any other way sell my body, mind, and soul to the psych department in exchange for funding. I'm putting my poster together for the Society for Neuroscience conference in DC that begins this weekend. Which reminds me: if you are in DC, I'm there Saturday to Tuesday. I don't plan to see much of the conference, but I do intend to see many many people who I see far too little of these days. Do find me, give us a call, son!

I also realized that I completely blew it with regard to my travel plans for the previously-mentioned conference. The DALAI LAMA is speaking at the conference on Saturday afternoon, but I'll be landing right around when he's finishing up. Just as well, it's going to be mobbed.

Kia's parents visited recently. We enjoyed their visit, and the use of their hotel pool. I haven't been in a pool in I don't know how long. Kia and I took full advantage of the big floating noodles that they had in the pool. Also, the hot tub. And the free breakfast. Not in the pool. Just in the hotel. Also, we revisited the spot at the state park in Illinois where Kia and I got engaged. Many pictures were taken.

1 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you don't update your blog, I feel lost and lonely.

and by lost and lonely, I mean bored at work.

-D$

 

Post a Comment

<< Home