Saturday, September 04, 2004

Get out the map

Listening to "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas earlier, it got me thinking about geographically-named bands. I know there are lots, but were any really really good? I feel like if your name is a city or a country or something, chances are you were a mediocre 70s or 80s band. The ones I could come up with:

Kansas (as mentioned)
Chicago
Boston
New York Dolls
LA Guns
Alabama
Little Texas (Kia informs me that this is a country group)

More?

We could get into songs with geographic references, but that could take a while.

2 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger aaron said...

Creed (Creede, Co)
Puddle of Mudd...a place in Florida...maaayybbee?.

I got nothing.

Good analysis. If you name yourself after a place...you will suck. Correlation and causality all wrapped into one.

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I could come up with is Miami Sound Machine...

but they kinda sucked.

Melissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home