Friday, September 10, 2004

TV Sports! Wooo!

Things noticed while watching TV sports:

-I think baseball players must be the most superstitious athletes and have the most rituals of any professional athletes. Have you ever seen what they do before going to bat, or after a homerun, or before even stepping on the field? Some of them have separate hand-game rituals they do with each player on the bench after they score a run. It's like elementary school. And of course, our friend, Nomar, was the most ritualistic of them all. Same routine with the batting gloves at the plate before every pitch. Frankly, I'm pretty sure he had OCD. And that's my clinical opinion.

-Additionally, a disproportionate number of baseball players have gotees. That I find strange. It seems like everyone's got one. This is a facial hair fad that people not too far in the future will find enormously strange. "You mean they just grew hair on their chin and above their lip?"

-I just caught a minute of a football game between Oregon St. and Boise St., and that's all I could take. They were playing on BLUE turf. Fake grass, horendously painted blue. It felt like my TV's color or tint settings were all wrong. It hurt my head. It gave me an immediate hangover. Blue turf. With bright orange lettering mixed in. No wonder no one goes to Idaho.

-Gotta love those O's. Thank you, Orioles, for completely shelling the Yankees pitching staff tonight. I and the Sox thank you.

2 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats right...GO O's!!! We may not be close to even the wild card running, but I'll be damned if we can;t be spoilers!!
And yes, baseball players are extremely OCD with rediculous rituals...I think I have a few if you can recall from our illustrious softball days...
Finally, another dog, huh?? Now I'm gonna have to say "Hey Teak....and Moose..." Just doesn;t roll off the tounge as well...
-D$

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I love that you refer to Nomar in the past tense. No longer a Red Sock, Nomar is dead to you.

I apologize, by the way, for the Mariners ridiculous penchant for spoiling the fun for the rest of us. Not only do they ruin my summer by inexplicably forgetting how to play baseball, but also, they stymie my boys in their efforts to trounce the Yankees. Damn you, Mariners!!! Why can't you play nice???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home