Sunday, March 20, 2005

Band names are a hoot

I admit, I have been in some bands with pretty priceless names...

-First, there was Nude. Picture the concert poster: "Tonight, three guys: Nude!"

-Next came Iguanna. The reason for that was less clear. What was also unclear was whether the band name (and the animal) is spelled with one n or two.

-Then came college, and more sophisticated band names. Hence, Special in Other Ways. And if you ever heard us play, we certainly were. Other potential names we kicked around: Ye Olde Bande and Light Rain Ends (possibly a play on the highway sign "Right Lane Ends").

In light of these reminiscences, kindly find your way to the Warped Tour website and take note of some of the band names. At least three refer to bleeding, one refers to getting herpes in gym class, and one is the good old Offspring, still crazy after all these years.

3 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One time, me, ABJ, and Neil talked about starting a band at the NIH. It never worked out which is a shame because we would have rocked. That would have been like ABJ's 4th band or something...kind of makes you wonder why he's been in so many...maybe he doesn;t get along with his other band members. Therefore, I say that the next band that ABJ is in (and fronts) should be called The Jay Bennett Effect.
-D$

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger aaron said...

Light Rain Ends was in fact a play on Right Lane Ends (which came from the trip Neil and I took to North Carolina). We started flipping the first letters of signs we saw. Right Lane = Light Rain. The game ended when I saw a sign for Bunt Cake. Yeah, that'll end that game, right quick.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger neil said...

FYI, i've re-appropriated 'Light Rain Ends' for my solo project. I'm sure I'll need a drummer for the national tour I assume I'll be embarking on, so try to keep your schedule free for 2010, ok?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home