Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Lots of stuff in no particular order

For the first time in I don't know how many weeks, the AC is in the off position. This is a very good thing. Heat index. I'm not sure exactly how to calculate it, but when it's 114, I know that's bad. There are some more epic thunderstorms on the way tonight, which will hopefully give us a nice break. The real victims here have been my dogs. Moose will, from time to time, when we go outside simply flop down on the front lawn, as if he is giving up and surrendering to the heat. I try to pull on his leash, and he just lies there. I swear, he's one of the most stubborn dogs I've ever seen. But very cute. And he's better than all the other dogs in his obedience class at "Relax". He's got that one down.

I've noticed that I haven't been posting much. And when I do, it's been mostly links (interesting, funny, and otherwise). I'm not sure what that's about.

And there's been a complete lack of Red Sox Rants. By this point last year, I was up to Red Sox Rant #2 and was about to lament the trading of Nomahhhhh. What a difference a year makes. I should be up in arms about bringing back Schilling so soon, about our ace pitcher getting knocked silly by a line drive, about Trot getting hurt, about Manny wanting out, and about the Damn Yankees continuing to hang around, despite everything that has happened so far. But I'm not doing it. I'm just not.

Kia cut my hair yesterday. I was going to post "Before" and "After" pictures, but it's not this drastic change, so it would be sort of pointless. And in the "After" picture, I am no longer wearing a shirt. I will spare you that visual. Or maybe I won't. We'll see.

And on Sunday, Kia and I went to the Festival of Nations in Tower Grove Park, the park I played frisbee in last summer. Were it not for the oppressive heat (and going to see "Wedding Crashers" that afternoon) we would have stayed longer. The highlight was definitely the Ethiopian food, which has been elusive here in STL. When I lived in DC, Kia and I had some great Ethiopian at this place on 18th St. in Adams Morgan, and we got the window table so everyone walking by could watch us eating as they walked by, including a bachelorette party, who were carrying around a huge inflatable penis. Hey, it's Adams Morgan. Anything goes. And if you know the restaurant I'm talking about, it's not just a table that's next to a window, it's a table that's IN the window. It's almost like a window display you'd see at a department store. You feel like you're being watched, like you're being scrutinized, like people will see what you got and wonder what you were thinking. But all in all, the window table was a good experience. I hope to find some acceptable Ethiopian food here.

1 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger aaron said...

I think I've eaten there... Meskereth, maybe. Good stuff.

The heat has been oppressive here as well. Last Sunday I ended up playing 5 hours of frisbee....turns out that that tends towards making me not feel as good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home