Saturday, July 29, 2006

The BK

I visited Pete in Brooklyn last weekend. I had never been there before (that I know of). It was not easy getting there, with a nice cozy 3 hour wait in the plane out on the runway, while the weather in NY improved. Rather than letting us stay in the terminal, they made us board and push back, then cool our heels for a while. The whole time I was squeezed between two guys, trying to stretch every now and then and not go crazy. On the plus side, I did make good progress on "Wonder Boys". And "Fever to Tell" is growing on me. Eventually, we took off (it looked for a while like we might not even leave that night, and I would be stuck in Chicago), and I got to Laguardia around 9ish. Coming out into the terminal, it was clear that flights had been backed up all day. I emerged into a sea of people, many looked frustrated and at the end of their ropes. It was humid, too small, and way overcrowded. I was glad to be leaving.

Outside, the line for cabs was tremendously long, but after considering for a second I decided to just wait it out. Eventually, I got to the front, hopped in a cab, and went off to wherever Pete lives.

The rest of the weekend was nice, pretty uneventful, but great. Some things I saw while I was there:

-Pete
-Pete's apartment
-my sister Kate
-the Chinese restaurant where they have dinner in "The Squid and the Whale"
-the park that Park Slope is named after
-one of the guys from the Sopranos (I didn't recognize him)
-the house where Jennifer Connelly lives

The mercury here in STL just hit 100. It's officially hot.

1 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger ABJ said...

OH man! D-$, clean swish from half court! Zing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home