Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Game on

Up until recently, I had only owned (or partially owned) one video game system in my life - the classic Sega Genesis. Of course, it came with Sonic the Hedgehog, quite possibly the best game starring a hedgehog that has ever been in existence. It was cool because you were encouraged to run as fast as you could, pick up some rings along the way (or not, whatever), and you didn't have any weapons or ways to defend yourself. All you could do was run away, jump, avoid things. It really gave you a sense of what it was like to be a hedgehog. Other games that I remember having included the Ren and Stimpy game and a couple of games borrowed (stolen?) from Pete.

This was when I was in high school. Through college and beyond, I played other people's game systems, but never had one of my own. This past June, I became the proud owner of a Playstation 2 (and a wife), and now have to populate my video game collection. Thanks to Pete (mention #2 in this post), I have MLB '06 and a soccer game. With the holiday season coming up (or already upon us, depending on your point of view), I am soliciting suggestions as to which games I should request.

Anything you've played or seen that looks good? Anything I should definitely avoid?

2 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you don't own your wife. this isn't the nineteenth century.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger ABJ said...

oh, i own her alright.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home