Friday, October 06, 2006

How Sweep It Is

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm off to see the Local 9 (aka, Cardinals) do battle against the San Diego Padres. This will be my second time going to a playoff baseball game in 3 years. And the second time going to a playoff game where I could potentially see a sweep. (We all remember what happened last time - I probably will never forget). I'm pretty psyched. Playoff baseball is certainly a different atmosphere, especially when there is a chance for a sweep in the air. And I'm looking forward to seeing a game in the new stadium.

The only thing potentially marring the whole thing is that it's a 1pm ET start, making it a noon start here. While day games are nice (and tomorrow is supposed to be spectacular), there's something more magical about a night game, especially in October, with a little crispiness in the air. It makes it a little more meaningful somehow. But it will be great nonetheless. I guess I should buy a Cardinals shirt, huh? Or at least something red.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home