Sunday, August 08, 2004

Packing it in

I'm packing up stuff for the move next weekend. Kia and I are moving to a place a few miles away, about the same rent but a better place. It feels bigger, bigger kitchen, it's got a backyard, some stained glass windows. It feels like a house, rather than a big apartment complex. And it's in a part of town called Richmond Heights. Classy. Who wouldn't love that?

I'm realizing we just have lots of crap. Lots. And it took us nearly a year to get it all crammed in here just right so that it wouldn't impede our day-to-day living too much. And now we have to unearth it all, put it away, move, and start again. I find myself marking boxes with descriptions like "Bookcase in study," or for lack of a better term, "Random". I know what it means, and that's all that matters. I think Teak, our dog, is convinced we're going to move and leave him here. The thought has crossed my mind, but I guess we'll have to bring him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home