Friday, October 08, 2004

The Lou's a Zoo

Between the Debate happening tonight (I didn't get a ticket, I don't think any Wash U students did) and the Cardinals in the playoffs, it's been a little weird around here lately. Starting today, all kinds of crazy, military-looking helicopters have been flying around. They're closing streets, and they put up four-foot-high green plastic fencing around the perimeter of the campus. For what reason, I don't know. Maybe terrorists can't jump over four-foot-high green plastic fencing? Whaaaaaaa?

Plus, there's a conference at Wash U this weekend, the annual Society for Research in Psychopathology meeting. I presented my poster last night, entitled "The Role of Encoding Strategy on Brain Activity and Subsequent Recognition in Schizophrenia." And I saw Aaron Beck, the guy who basically invented depression. Well, not exactly, but he had a big hand in studying and understanding it. He's a little cute old man with white hair and big glasses which, God willing, someday I will be too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home