Sunday, January 16, 2005

Thoughts before the Pats rip the Colts a new one

Another in the series of posts with no coherent theme:

-Has anyone heard this sort of hip hop/R&B song that uses the tune from "If I Were a Rich Man," from Fiddler on the Roof? That's when you know they're running out of ideas for songs. It sort of continues the trend of sampling from musicals. There was that Jay-Z song that sampled the actual kids singing "It's a Hard Knock Life". I mean, I got a kick out of it, but for some reason this newer one just seems a little ridiculous. If Tevye could hear this, he'd plotz in his undergarments.

-Friday night, a few people from my program went ice skating. I had not done this at least since my junior year at Oberlin. There was that unfortunate incident senior year, but I wasn't wearing skates, and I was only supposed to be a spectator at the hockey game, but one thing led to another and I ended up out there, all loaded up on Jack and coke, and, well...you know the rest. Anyway, if you're ever feeling a little too high on yourself and need to knock that ego down a peg or two, ice skating is indeed the way to do it. As soon as I stepped on the ice, I immediately had doubts as to why I had even wanted to do this in the first place. And when you see little kids wizzing by and doing triple lutzes and stuff, it makes it all the worse. I did get better, though, and managed not to hurt myself.

-Kia and I went ring shopping. Yes, you heard right. More on this later...


1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger aaron said...

Congrats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home