Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Worth the Trip

On Sunday, I awoke with a purpose. I asked Kia what plans she had for the day. Disregarding everything she said, I told her we were going to take a little trip: to Dunkin Donuts. Despite the complete lack of DD's in STL, the handy-dandy Dunkin Donuts website told me that there was one located in Fairview Heights, Illinois, a mere 28.4 miles from my abode. Off we went.

Actually, as it happened, it was a relatively uneventful trip. We found it with no problem and spent a long time in line, since there was only one person working behind the counter. My bagel sandwich was subpar, the coffee was pretty good but not all that hot, and Kia wasn't liking her peanut donut too much. Yeah, I don't know about that choice. But somehow, it was all ok. After we left, and I looked down and saw that I was carrying a Dunkin Donuts cup, I realized it was "Worth the Trip"*

Shortly thereafter, we explored some of the stores in the area, and on the trip home I found to my surprise that I had purchased $50 worth of clothes. All at one place. A rarity for me, to say the least. I'm not going to say it was the Dunkin Donuts, but I think we all know the answer to that one.


*former Dunkin Donuts slogan

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Blonde would be very very very proud of you. Keep up the good work!
-D$

 

Post a Comment

<< Home