Tuesday, August 08, 2006

En-titled

I have to share with you the title of a paper I've come across in my regular perusal of various hoity-toity fancy-shmansy academic journals. Usually, the authors of these papers will try to come up with impressive titles that in some way indicate what the paper is about and attempt to grab the reader's attention a little bit. Today, in the Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, I found this paper. The title is as follows:

"Q:] When Would You Prefer a SOSSAGE to a SAUSAGE? [A:] At about 100 msec. ERP Correlates of Orthographic Typicality and Lexicality in Written Word Recognition"

Actual title.

May I have a long enough career to publish a paper with both a question and answer title in it.

2 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say, two shakes if a cat's tail. OR, when BRILLIANCE returns and inspires us all.

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'of' not 'if'. Lord, I've got to lay off the booze

 

Post a Comment

<< Home