Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Detroit Rock City

God bless the Detroit Pistons. It was looking pretty bleak there for a while for any team east of the ol' Mississippi. But the Pistons redeemed all of us Easterners last night. They toppled the Giant, known as the LA Lakers, to end a series that was about as one-sided as NBA Finals series get. They took it handily, 4-1, and if they had played their cards right in Game 2 (by fouling Kobe Bryant before he could hit a ridiculous 3-pointer), it's very possible that they could have swept. No one saw this coming. No one gave the Pistons a chance. And that's why it's even sweeter.

On a side note, I love that Kid Rock and Hank Williams, Jr. were at the game sitting next to each other, Kid Rock with cigar in hand.

3 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger aaron said...

Some days good wins. I hope Payton retires, Karl becomes a long haul trucker, Shaq becomes a Buddist monk who solves mysteries, and Kobe either is convicted (if he's guilty) or starts a new life as the district manager for Ikea.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger ABJ said...

Yeah, I'm just so glad Detroit won, b/c I like them and their team and the fact that there are no superstars at all and defense is the name of the game. Defense wins championships, this is the proof. Also, I like that LA lost. I just like that alot. I'm pretty sure the team will be disassembled one by one over the next few months.

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Abe Polin, Wes Unseld, and Michael Jordon should all be locked in a room without food and be forced to eat one another in a cannabalistic fashion...I mean come on, the Lakers might have well been playing the Wizards...both Wallaces and Hamilton...jeez....
-D$

 

Post a Comment

<< Home