Thursday, August 19, 2004

Quick update

We're in the new place now, at long last, and it's looking pretty spiffy. We've been moving furniture around constantly, so I'm sure our downstairs neighbor cursing us out to her cats, but things have gone mostly to plan. Getting everything in was an adventure, with the flight of stairs adding to the fun. We had to take the feet off of the couch with an electric screw gun to get it in. The couch, not the screw gun. And Teak (our dog) seemed alternately confused and overjoyed by the whole thing. I think he doesn't understand why we're in this new place, but not he has all of these boxes and stuff to chew on, so he's happy.

The neighbors seem friendly too. Already we've met a spoken to more of them than we had the entire year at the other apartment. Lots of dogs and kids around too. We're definitely in the burbs.

David is coming to visit today, as is Meg, which is a surprise for David. He reads this, but he's on the plane right now, so it's ok. I'm excited. We've got a Cardinals game, a Budweiser brewery tour, and who knows what else in store. This is the third time I will have taken the tour. I think they're going to start recognizing me. But I in no way see this as supporting "The Man" (aka Budweiser), since tours are free and they give you free beer at the end. This is how I justfiy it to myself.

1 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger aaron said...

Taking free beer from THE MAN is fine. Though I imagine even when it's free it tastes yucky. Congrats on the new place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home