Monday, October 11, 2004

Here we go again (Red Sox Rant, ALCS version #1)

"He said the awesome thing about being a starting pitcher is you have the ability to make 55,000 people shut up when you're on the road," Schilling said.

"I'm not sure I can think of any scenario more enjoyable than making 55,000 people from New York shut up."

------------------------

And that, folks, is why Curt Schilling is my hero. He don't take no guff. He's a horse. He'll pitch hard, and then harder, and harder. He hates coming out of the game. With an 8-run lead in an ALDS game, he gave up 2 runs in an inning and when the inning was over he rifled the ball at the ground and stomped into the dugout. If there's anyone who wants to win it all more than him...well, I'm not finishing that statement, b/c there's not. There's just not. And he knows this might be his last chance, upping the ante even more. Last year, we thought we had a chance against the Bronx Buttholes. This year, it's ours to take.

4 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger sierradave said...

...and then your team lost. I've made a decision: I hate the Yankees and want to see them lose, but not as badly as I want to make fun of you when the Sox get beat again.

Suffer, Beej, suffer.

P.S. Neil likes me the best.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger ABJ said...

That's why it's a seven game series, sir. Being a superstitious man, I like this scenario better. The Sox won game 1 last year in NY, and then lost the series in seven games. This year is different, and game one proved it. Dave, you'd understand complicated things like that if you had your master's degree.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger sierradave said...

Uh, right Beej. How was that second game for ya? I see how much predictive power your MA has gotten you. Why don't you go get a degree in a REAL science, like me?

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger aaron said...

Both of you should get a real job...you know where you don't get paid just to learn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home