Sunday, April 09, 2006

New Busch

How do I know spring is here? That creepy, sketchy ice cream truck is back, roaming the streets with repetitive, clangy music emanating from its top.

How else do I know that spring is here? I got to tour the new Busch Stadium. Yesterday, my man Bryan hooked me and some other people up with free tickets to what I believe was being termed an "open house" at the new Busch. It's a funny image, if you think about it. Walking around, trying to admire things without getting the floors dirty, nibbling on finger food and making small talk with the owners. Well, not so much with the finger food, although I did have my first ballpark hot dog and beer, while sitting in the seats, watching the Cardinals play the Cubs on the big screen. It was almost like watching a real game.

To me, the new place is pretty much like the old place, although others who were with me told me there were lots of differences. For one thing, there was this indoor area with all of these gourmet foods, completely removed from the game or the elements. Think of a mall. That's kind of the feel of this place. I guess some people would like this, but to me it seems to go against the point of being at a baseball game.

All in all, great to be out at the stadium, even if there was no game going on.

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was starting to think you really were quitting your blog. the ice cream trucks around me play some mozart song, but real slow and gothic like. it's totally creepy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home