Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bush league

Was anyone else as pleasantly surprised as I was to see Dikembe Mutombo at the State of the Union? That's probably one of the more wonderfully random things I've seen at an event like that in a while. I realize he's done some good things lately, like raising millions of dollars to build a hospital, but it was completely out of nowhere to me. I don't think I even knew that he was still playing in the NBA.

Incidentally, his full name is:

Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean Jacque Wamutombo

It would have been fun to see Bush give that name a shot. I guess he's still working on nukular.

And according to one station I watched, at least 10 people present in the audience last night were potential Presidential candidates. They're just lining up to get their chance at it. I guess it's like auditioning for American Idol right after William Hung - no matter how bad you do, you know you'll be a step up.

1 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mutumbo totally lived near me in Marietta, GA when I was working at Wolf Camera and I once developed his pictures of his adult brother's baptism. He's incredibly tall...as you would expect.
-hil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home