Thursday, June 17, 2004

Penultimate

Forgive me, I'm running out of good puns on the word "ultimate" for my blog titles. And it's still early in the season. They will only get worse. Suggestions welcome (Leavy, this means you...you're great at this sort of thing).

Anyway, another ultimate frisbee match tonight. We had 1 win and 2 losses coming into the game, but of course I wasn't there for the only win, so I was hungry. Hungry, I tell you. I could smell it. I could feel a win.

Without going into too much detail, we prevailed, 13-11. I caught a few points in the end zone, including the final 2 to give us the win, so that felt pretty good. And on the drive home, for some reason my mind was wandering and I started wondering if any good movies have been made with ultimate as the subject, or at least playing a major role. I could think of none. It's featured in PCU, the movie that very effectively satirizes almost every aspect of liberal arts colleges (I swear those guys must have gone to Oberlin), but not much else comes to mind.

I open up the floor: Any movies, documentary or otherwise, that feature ultimate frisbee in any meaningful manner? I await your responses.

1 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger aaron said...

I Bleed Black was a documentary about Ultimate. As for puns....penultimate is good. Ultimatum....

Disc-ourse, Disc-overy, Discontent, etc..
But JKD is your go to on this one...having written countless articles for the Review about ultimate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home