Friday, October 15, 2004

Possibly the Penultimate Postulation (aka Red Sox Rant ALCS version #2)

Not much to say right now, this may be one of the last Rants of the year (polite applause). Yea, yes, thank you. Although with the way the Sox do things in the offseason, I may have many more (uproarious boos). Hey, shut up! If you want to express your opinions, get your own damn blog!! That means you, Karpf.

So I'm feeling a mix of anticipation and nausea about the prospect of what I might know by the end of the night. No, nothing to do with pregnancy or illness in the family. The Boys are back at home, backs against the wall, forced to play the games of their lives in the next two (or three, hopefully even more) days. Just at the time when it's most important, it's all going wrong. Our Ace, the man who was to lead us to the Promised Land, is most likely out for the year. He needs surgery. Bad. Our other ace gave us a good showing, but the offense that was supposed to be so dangerous and effective wilted. They can't get it done early, and then try unsuccessfully to stage late-game drama. Well it hasn't been working. And I'm being told this on a daily basis. I'm also being told to get a real job, but what you forget is that I unpack boxes and assemble furniture 8 hours a week, and I consider that a real job. I don't just sit around and ponder the parietal lobe or stick schizophrenics in boxes and see how they respond. So BOO-YA!

We'll know more by Monday. A LOT more. We'll have a pretty clear picture. But until then, I can ponder the following interesting things about the possible match-ups:

-Houston vs New York: interesting b/c Clemens was a Yankee last season, and almost retired until he decided not to. So there's drama there.

-Houston vs Boston: interesting for almost the same reason. Clemens = former Red Sock. Which reminds me: what's the proper singular form for a member of the Red Sox?

St. Louis vs Boston: two teams whose major colors are red and white, and who's offenses (supposedly) are dominating and explosive. It should be interesting and very fun watching the balls leave the yard.

-St. Louis vs New York: not interesting at all, except for the fact that I won the chance to buy World Series tickets. Yes, that's right, I may be going to one of the World Series games in St. Louis, if I decide that I have enough money to do so. This is exciting.

Now I wait.......

2 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger aaron said...

You have a fine job, and the prospect for better ones to come. I kid because I care.

Go Sox.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger ABJ said...

Actually, they're making me president of the midwest region next week, so things are going pretty well at the Pier. The First Pier. Pier 1. Not to be confused with Pier 2 or 3. And certainly not Pier 4. And Pier 5 is right out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home