Sunday, November 28, 2004

Long time no see

So it looks like I haven't been posting here much. One possibility is that I'm getting deeper into the semester and thinking less about the blog. Another (more real) possibility is that this was all simply an excuse to vent about the Sox. But now, there is no more venting. There is only joy. Thus, it's been sort of a blank slate of late, and for that I apologize. Things on the radar of late:

-Blockbuster, although evil/corporate/scum, has been friendly to me recently. "In America" was outstanding. Many gorgeous moments. Yes, I know you've already seen it. Screw you. "Triplets of Belleville," although I felt I was maybe missing something, was juicy cartoon fun. I like watching old women eat frogs. And "Supersize Me" made us wonder if we'd ever go to McDonald's again. Laproscopic surgery is something we need to see more of in movies.

-I hosted Thanksgiving for the first time ever in my brief time on earth. I cooked a turkey. I basted. I stuffed. I carved. I did not carve well. But there were pieces of turkey on the plate at the end, and that, my friends, is the point. In attendance were my mother, father, sister (Kate), Kia's sister (Kristin), me, and Kia. All in all, a very good time. And I will be eating turkey sandwiches until Christmas.

-I turn 26 in 2 weeks. Some of you who have done this: suggestions?

5 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger aaron said...

Congrats on the turkey day successes.

Aaron

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No suggestions a few caveats though: You first start using words like caveats. 26 isn't all that bad. You do begin to feel that maybe your life doesn't have any meaning, and the world is just passing you by. Although now you can roll your eyes when you hear 22 or 23 year olds complaining about the "real world" and their "quarterlife crisis." Been there, um... still there. Seriously though, 26 just didn't have any feel to it. So all in all not too bad. Maybe as we get older birthdays just don't matter anymore.

Melissa thinks that my explanation is far too long. "Get your own damn blog if you have this much to say," she says, "or just write: '26 isn't that bad, it doesn't feel like much of anything.' "

Anyway, yes you should have seen "In America" last year, but if you can find it you should see "Tokoyo Godfathers," (adult animation in the ilk of "Triplets of Belleville") you'll probably enjoy it. BTW I hear a rumor that Blockbuster bought out Hollywood Video.

Noah

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger ABJ said...

I agree, I think you should get your own damn blog. You seem to have a lot to say. Hey, I'd read it. You could call it "Noah's Archive," or something equally cheezy.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger aaron said...

Noah's Archive is brilliant.

Not just a little bit of everything....two of everything.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger ABJ said...

And you'd get a "flood" of comments.

A song:

The Lord said to Noah,
You've got to make a bloggy, bloggy
The Lord said to Noah,
You've got to make a bloggy, bloggy
The rain is making everything soggy, soggy
Make your own damn blog (or I shall smite you!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home