Wednesday, April 20, 2005

My plan to win $100,000

Since the grad school stipend just isn't cutting it anymore, I've devised a way to make myself wealthy with very little effort, courtesy of mlb.com. They're running a contest, whereby if you manage to pick a player (any player) who will get a hit that day for 57 straight games, you win $100,000. It seems deceptively simple, right. Just pick a guy who will get a hit. 57 games in a row. And it can be someone different every night. Well, my streak is currently at 1. I bet that Carlos Beltran would get a hit on Monday, and he came through for me. Last night, I thought Bill Mueller would get at least one. Unfortunately, he sat on the bench, so it doesn't count, but the streak does not end. Nope, it's alive and well, at a whopping 1 game. Tonight, I put my faith in Chipper Jones of the Atlanta Braves. So far, he's 0-3. But I have faith. I have to have faith. Look at the team I follow!

I invite anyone who's interested to try it. We can see who gets the longest steak, just for bragging rights. It's actually sort of addicting, once you realize that there's a chance, although slight, to actually win tons of cash. And it's all in your hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home