Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Manic Monday

On Monday, Kia and I both turned in some major stuff. Kia stayed up all night Sunday working on designing a kitchen. She was actually just going to sleep as I was getting up at 7 Monday morning. That was an odd feeling. Later that day, I dropped my big NRSA grant that I had been working on for months on into the FedEx box. That was a very good feeling.

So clearly we had to celebrate in some way. Coincidentally, I had gotten an email coupon for a free entree at a restaurant earlier that day. Taking this as a sign, we headed off. There's something nice about celebrating on a Monday, like it's sort of illicit or something. After some awesome food (awesome cuz it was free...I got the most expensive thing on the menu...steak and shrimp...I believe this is what is referred to as "Surf n' Turf"?), we ventured into the mall, where we came upon and explored Urban Outfitters. It's funny, I think I came upon something or other for most of the people I know. Lots of Napoleon trinkets and doodads, a book of 600 useful facts, a beer fridge, a dreidel that expands when you drop it in water...this place had everything. I think I could live in there the rest of my life and not get bored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home