Monday, January 30, 2006

New plan


Well, as of now, we have been shut out of the ballroom dancing class. Yes, folks, shut out. Apparently, too many people around here just want to learn ballroom dancing right now, so we may have to wait till April, or possibly never, in order to learn this fine art. I had suggested renting (nay, BUYING) a DVD or two, which I thought would serve the same purpose, but this idea did not fly.

The idea of substituting the ballroom dancing for a LINE DANCING class was suggested. I, for one, was not a big fan of this idea. I don't know what it is, but for some reason, dancing in a line is not my idea of fun. Everyone doing their own thing, this way and that, here and there and everywhere, doing whatever they want to their heart's content...fine. But something just bugs me about everyone doing the same thing, over and over, at the same time. And IN A LINE no less. Why must they be in a line? Is it to more fully enforce the idea that they're all doing the same thing as everyone else, with no room for self-expression except in the type of cowboy boot you wear or the brand of tobacco you chew?

Needless to say, I'm against the line dancing idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home