Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Let's find a coffeeshop and play some folk rock


Here's Kia with the present I got her for Christmas: an acoustic. That's what you call an acoustic guitar if you're in "the biz". That's what you call the music business if you're all that. So I'm hoping to hear "Smelly Cat" or something similar sometime in the near future.

So she's having fun with that. I plan to play it too. Altogether, we're gonna be rock stars. Could this gift have been influenced at all by my seeing Iron and Wine with Calexico last week? Hard to tell. Incredible show, though. I'm glad I was there. I'm glad I showed up early, too. It sold out. You've definitely got to see it if you get the chance, preferably in a pretty quiet venue. It's sort of "listen to this as you drink some tea and go to bed" music. And Sam talks softly.

Oh, and don't ask me about Johnny Damon. All I'll say is this: I heard an interview with him today, and he's already got the Yankee-speak going.....talking about getting "this great organization another championship" and "just trying to contribute to a solid lineup". And ESPN has already altered his head shot to put him in a Yankees cap and get rid of his beard and Jesus hair. I'm intrigued to see what the Fenway faithful will do his first game back.

I'm off to Boston tomorrow. Happy holidays to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home