Friday, December 30, 2005

Back to life, back to reality

But only for a little while.

I returned to STL yesterday afternoon, on a plane that seemed much too small for the length of the trip. It was non-stop, Boston to St. Louis, and the plane was one of those little puddle hoppers that you'd use to go parachuting or something. It's one of those deals where the flight attendant says, "Well, now is when we'd normally be serving your choice of refreshments and a snack, but all we have room for on this plane is my bottled water and a pack of gum. Any takers?" But despite this, the flight was nice. I fell asleep to Yo La Tengo. Whether this was because of their music or my fatigue is, at this point, unclear. But for future reference: YLT = good music to go to sleep to.

Unclear plans for New Year's at this point. I'm pretty sure this year will once again reaffirm my belief that New Year's Eve is one of the more over-hyped holidays. I've found that unless you're at a big event (e.g., concert) or out and about among other people making asses of themselves, it sort of falls short.

I'm not going to unpack too much, since Kia and I leave again on Wednesday for Rochester to see her family (and mine) and do some more wedding planning. The six-month countdown has begun...

Happy anniversary to my parents! 28 years today.

4 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger no1 said...

hmm.. im from stl too. st. louis sux. u sound rich and bored in ur blog.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger ABJ said...

That's funny. I'm neither. But thanks for the comment.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger sierradave said...

In defense of ABJ's honor, I'd like to say that, in the 8 and a half (?!?) years that I've known him, he has never struck anyone as being wealthy. Rich people don't wear ugly yellow clothing like ABJ does.

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She meant boring, not bored. And don't even try to defend it - you are boring - very, VERY boring. In fact, you're so boring that other web chroniclers died of boredom before they finished commenting on your boring boring blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home