Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A 9% chance - of being good

I have previously discussed my love of High Fidelity.

Not so sure, however, about a musical of the same title being made.

There is a funny clip of music previews here. There's an entire song dedicated to the 9% chance that Rob has of getting back together with Laura. He croons about his top 5 most painful break-ups.

This should start me on a discussion of all of the awful choices they're making in terms of new plays and musicals. It's like the well has dried up, and all they can do is look to Hollywood for successful movies to morph into new products for the stage. Not just movies either. Movie stars are more and more being used to revive dying productions on Broadway and put people back in the seats. I would go on, but I must head to school now.

I mean, High Fidelity, the musical?? Come on.

1 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, that's so great and painfully horrible i was shocked at first, then laughing uncontrollably at the 9% chance of your love song. this musical is the reason that musicals suck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home