Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Lollapa-letdown

So they cancelled Lollapalooza for 2004. This is surprising to me, given the success of other music festivals like Coachella and Bonnaroo and the popularity of some of the acts on the bill, especially the Pixies, who just reunited. Not to mention, of course, Wilco, the Flaming Lips, Sonic Youth, Modest Mouse, and a bunch of other bands (including the Dresden Dolls, which a girl I know from high school is in).

Rather than surprised, I guess I'm more confused. How could all those AWESOME bands in one place be a bad thing? How could you not want to go and be a part of that? Some have mentioned electronic file trading as the cause. I don't think that's it. Maybe after 13 years people are just getting a little bored of the thing. I don't really know. It's kind of sad. My advice: Blame Bush.

5 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats the solution to no Lollapalooza????
Lawley-palooza of course!!!
-D$

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger ABJ said...

Oh man....I don't even want to think of what Lawley-palooza would be....

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger neilgray said...

This was some awful shite. I had this wonderful plan hatched, in which I would drive to Oberlin Ohio and luxuriate in the home of Josh and Ben, and spend two days of love & music at whatever the hell campground that crapfest was supposed to piss itself at. But now they can all just eat my ass. You hear that Perry? Eat my ass.

Love,
Neil

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger jkd said...

Contrary to what Perry said, I think he just got really fucked up and killed half the bands with his bare hands.

They've been replaced with automatons.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean, really, I think next year Perry should just announce Incubus, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, and a reuinted Creed on one stage and Britney, Justin, Pink, and Christina on a second...that shit will sell out in no time...and maybe they'll let Perry MC the whole thing for old times sake...
I blame Clear Channel....
-D$

 

Post a Comment

<< Home