Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Steak n' Shake it like a Polaroid picture

There is now a long-running joke among Kia and I (and pretty much anyone else who will listen to the story) about the time last summer when we visited Steak n' Shake for dinner. I had already had a snack before we went, then I got a decent sized meal there. As we were leaving, I was feeling full. Not good full, unpleasantly full. I was driving, and as we were going along it became apparent what I needed to do. I pulled over in a parking lot, opened my door, and deposited my entire dinner (along with other assorted food) onto the concrete next to my car. After a few good yaks, I felt worlds better, so much better, in fact, that I told Kia I could eat again. She thought this to be hilarious, and has told everyone within earshot this story ever since. It's even a new part of our vocabulary (e.g., "Man, I'm sooooo full. I'm Steak n' Shake full.")

WELL. On Saturday, while I was at the Cards game with Meg and David, Kia was out with her friend Kelly at (where else?) Steak n' Shake. We were supposed to meet up after the game for real dinner, so she was just going to eat something small. I call her after the game, and she tells me I'm never going to believe it: After leaving Steak n' Shake, she threw up in a parking lot.

Karma.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger aaron said...

I love it. I especially love that you were ready for more food after returning to the earth from whence it came all the horrible delights of the Steak n' Shake's bountiful table.

Glory be to SnS. Oh, wait. Nevermind. I fucking hate that place. Rancid food, annoying abience. and they made my friend yak.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home